Department of Instrumentation
Department of Instrumentation
Instrumentation is a specialized field which deals with the science and technology of measurement that provides service to not only physical, chemical and biological sciences; but also to all branches of engineering and medicine. Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences is the only co-educational college in the University of Delhi, offering a Bachelor of Sciences (Hons.) course in Instrumentation. This course imparts knowledge and prepares skilled manpower that can design, develop, use and maintain various advanced instruments and creates bright career prospects. The students are also eligible for pursuing M.Sc. Instrumentation, M.Sc. Electronics, M.Sc. IT, M.Sc. Operational Research, M.Sc. Forensic Science, MCA and MBA from various Universities across India. The College has a specialized Instrumentation Laboratory which provides practical expertise to the students and trains them to design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot instruments that are being used in varied fields like Automation and Control, Process Industries, Medicine, Quality Control etc. The Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments like NI My RIO, NI My DAQ, NI ELVIS-II Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite supported by LabVIEW full development system from National Instruments and NI USB Data Acquisition Card, to help students interface and integrate real time signals and data. The laboratory also acquaints students with devices used in Process and Control Industries like ratio control trainer, differential pressure transmitter, circular chart recorder, various flowmeters such as electromagnetic, orifice meter, ultrasonic etc. It also has advanced transducer and instrumentation trainer, temperature transducers, LVDT, strain gauge trainer etc. Students learn to design and develop small projects on high performance microcontroller and microprocessor kits which are provided with interfacing modules like Temperature Controller, Keyboard, Elevator Simulator Interface, Stepper Motor etc. The Instrumentation Laboratory also boasts of training students in sophisticated biomedical and analytical instruments like 3 to 6 Channel Electrocardiograph, Heart Rate Monitor cum ECG trainer, Respiration Rate Monitor, UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, flame photometer etc. Students also find opportunity to do hands on power electronics equipments like induction motor and other drives. The objective is to substantially enhance the knowledge and problem solving skills of students in the field of Instrumentation.
Department of Instrumentation Faculty List
Dr. Geeta Bhatt
Associate Professor (presently on Leave & Lien)
For more details regarding syllabus and scheme please refer to the following links:
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Instrumentation (Effective from Academic Year 2019-20)
Society & Activities
1. Department of Instrumentation organized an invited talk on September 25, 2019 by Shri Satish, Senior Scientist, Electrical and Electronics Metrology Division, CSIR, National Physical Laboratory (NPL). The topic of his talk was “Metrology and is role in improving quality of life. The workshop was attended in large numbers by students of all streams.
2. Society also organized one day Technical Festival “Mnemonics 2020” on February 11, 2020. On this occasion Prof. Avinashi Kapoor (Head Dept. of Electronic Science, University of Delhi) delivered a motivational lecture. Various technical and cultural events like Circuit Making Competition, Debate Competition on “Artificial Intelligence”, Harry Potter Quiz, Alumni Meet, Photography Competition “Instrugraphy”, OpenMic Competition were also organized during the festival. The event witnessed a huge participation from students of the college as well as other colleges from all over Delhi.
3. During this festival some of the very bright and talented alumni of the Department were also present and shared their experiences among the students. One of the Alumni of the department, Mr. Manish has recently joined leading Integrated Device Manufacturer ST Microelectronics.
4. Sensors Society of the Department of Instrumentation organized an Inter college online technical Quiz “Quarantine 2020” on May 19, 2020.
5. Department organized webinar on “Learning in Lockdown” (3 days learning sessions) by Mr. Ayush Gupta, Software Engineer, Google from April 19 – 25, 2020.
6. Department organized webinar on “Learning in Lockdown 2.0” (3 days learning sessions) in collaboration with NSS by Mr. Ayush Gupta, Software Engineer, Google from May 04-10, 2020.
7. Department organized webinar on “Learning in Lockdown 3.0” (5 days learning sessions): Stay High Forever by knowing the Self in collaboration with NSS by Mr. Ayush Gupta, Software Engineer, Google from May 15-31, 2020.
8. Department organized webinar on “Learning in Lockdown 4.0” (5 days learning sessions): Positive Thinker in collaboration with NSS by Mr. Ayush Gupta, Software Engineer, Google from June 4-12, 2020.
9. Department organized an International Webinar on Shaping the career for 5G Technologies by Dr. Tushar Sharma, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engg., Princeton University on July 15, 2020.
10. Department organized webinar on “ Role of Solar Photovoltaics in Post COVID-19” by Dr. Vikramaditya Dave, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engg., Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur on July 17, 2020.
11. Department of Instrumentation organized an International Webinar on A short history of Solar Physics by Prof. Carsten Denkar, Head Solar Physics, Solar observatory Einstein Tower, Germany in collaboration with Physics Department on July 30, 2020.
12. Department organized online virtual training on "Embedded System" by TECKAT services Pvt. Ltd. on August 09, 2020.
13. Department organized Online lecture and Demonstration on Industrial Automation Scope: PLC & SCADA on October 12, 2020.